TEACHERS TOGETHER FOR THE IMPROVEMENT OF EFL TEACHING AND LEARNING
Date: June 9 – 10
- The teaching/learning of the four macro skills (reading, writing, listening, and speaking) at different educational levels.
- Macro skills assessment.
- Trends in online and in-person teaching and assessment practices. This may include but is not limited to: the role of teachers as facilitators, genre-based pedagogy, task-based learning, blended learning, technology-mediated learning, games and gamification, project-based learning, social-emotional learning, among other topics.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) in the ELT classroom.
- English for academic and professional purposes.
- Intercultural communicative competence.
- The role of L1 (and other languages) in ELT teaching and learning.
- Inclusive practices in ELT
- Teaching and learning English in different sociocultural contexts
- Advances in research and future directions in ELT.
- Key global trends that are shaping the demand for English. Implications for ELT
- Teachers’ identities and beliefs.