This award was established in honor of Mabel Gallo for her unconditional support to ARTESOL (Argentina Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) Association. Since 1987, Mabel has been a great contributor to the academic development of the association as well as to TESOL International Association’s growth. The award is open to novice and senior professionals in the area of EFL / ESL.
The recipient of this award will be granted:
-a fee waiver to register for the ARTESOL 2023 Convention.
-a year-round complimentary ARTESOL membership.
-two complimentary passes for the Lunch, Learn, and Connect!
Those who are interested in applying for this award should:
● submit a short statement of interest (250-300 words). You should write just four or five sentences to refer to your academic qualifications in the area of EFL/ESL (undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate degrees). You may also briefly describe your work experience. Notice that most of the statement should focus on your application to the award: state the reasons why you are applying for the award, what makes you a suitable candidate for the award, what you expect to learn by attending different sessions in the Convention, and how your participation in the event will enhance your growth as a teacher/ instructor.
● do not over-hype your qualifications and/or your experience;
● state facts;
● avoid using pompous language (particularly adjectives and adverbs)to praise yourself, your interests, your experience, and/or your work;
● comply with the statement’s word limit (250-300 words);
● make sure you submit your application by the deadline established.
The recipient of the Mabel Gallo Award should actively participate in as many activities as possible during the Convention-plenary sessions, highlighted sessions, presentations, and professional meetings.
Within two and three weeks after the Convention ends, the recipient of the award is expected to provide ARTESOL with some feedback. Send us a text in which you let us know which sessions you have attended and your opinion about them. Such feedback will be highly appreciated since your comments will undoubtedly contribute to the organization of future events and so, to the development of ARTESOL association.
The application and the Convention feedback should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31.