ARTESOL PRE-CONFERENCE INSTITUTE
ORGANIZED BY THE UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA
TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM
The Center for English as a Second Language (CESL) at the University of Arizona is planning to offer a Pre-Conference Institute (PCI) for participants at ARTESOL 25th Annual Convention “Surfing ELT”, and other English teachers in Argentina interested in attending. The PCI will train ESL professionals in one module (choice of two available) from the Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) program.
For ARTESOL members and convention attendees the PCI will provide the following:
- Professional Development in one of the areas listed in the survey.
- Certificate of participation in 7 total hours of professional development
- Materials for use in the classroom
- 1 module completed of the sequence of 7 modules for Basic TEFL, the first course of two needed for TEFL certificate through the University of Arizona program. Module will be waived and price discounted for the amount paid for the PCI.
- Option to complete remaining modules online in the Fall of 2013 or Spring of 2014 or in subsequent ARTESOL conferences.
- Orientation to online Basic TEFL
- Thursday, May 9 2013, Universidad CAECE 2464, Mar del Plata, Argentina
- From 9:00 to 13:00 and 14:30 to 17:30
- Julianne Hammink
- U$S 60 for ARTESOL Members (onsite registration cost 65 USD)
- U$S 75 for non ARTESOL Members (onsite registration cost 80 USD)
Onsite credit card payment allowed. No cash. Registration needed. Register here.
Online registration deadline: May 1
To complete the survey and choose your preferred module, click here.
Learn more about ARTESOL Convention