Building Networks among Teachers
ARTESOL EFL JOURNAL
A refereed national journal of issues in teaching English as a Foreign Language (EFL)
ORGANIZATION OF THE JOURNAL
ARTESOL EFL Journal receives submissions of unpublished manuscripts on any topic related to the area of EFL. All submissions should comply with the requirements of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, APA 6th edition.
All manuscripts may be submitted in the following formats: Microsoft Word documents or RTF documents.
- be full-lengths articles of no more than 5,000 words in length, excluding appendices.
- include a brief biographical statement of the author(s) (paragraph format, maximum 100 words) their affiliation, and email address.
Authors’ biographical information will be removed when the article is distributed for blind review.
Four categories of manuscripts will be received: original research articles, reflective articles, pedagogical experiences in EFL, and materials and media reviews.
Original research articles
Original research articles should include the following sections:
- Abstract (150 words)
- Five to seven keywords.
- The introduction includes:
The research issue,
The underlying theoretical framework,
A description of the methodological tradition in which the study was conducted,
Research hypotheses or questions.
- Method section:
Description of participants and research context.
Detailed description of data collection and analysis procedures.
Description of the apparatus or materials used.
Explanation of the procedures and the steps in the research.
- Results section:
Presentation of graphs and tables that help to explain the results.
For quantitative research, presentation of descriptive and inferential statistics used to analyze the data.
For qualitative research, data should reflect prolonged engagement, observation, and triangulation.
- An evaluation and interpretation of the results:
Discussion of alternative explanations.
Causal inferences should be cautiously made.
Results of the study should not be overly interpreted or generalized
Results obtained in the study should be linked to original hypotheses.
Presentation of the implications and any limitations of the study
A summary and general implications of the study.
Suggestions for further research.
- References in APA 6th edition format.
- Appendices of instrument(s) used.
These articles show connections between learning and theories through the description, analysis, observation, and evaluation of a specific topic. Submissions should include
- Abstract (150 words)
- Five to seven keywords, if applicable
- Description of the topic
- Analysis – Theories
- Suggestions, if applicable
- References in APA 6th edition format, if the author considers it applicabble
- Tables, graphs.
Pedagogical experiences in EFL
- Original Class Experiences in EFL
This section includes the description of new experiences (strategies, techniques, course design) within EFL.
Submissions should include:
- An abstract of no more than 150 words, and a list of five to seven keywords.
- A report of original pedagogical experiences: teaching techniques and methodologies, management of different teaching situations, testing and assessment, materials development.
- The following sections and information:
Institutional or individual project.
Type of institution, primary school, secondary school, teaching training college, university, school of English.
Language level of students, mother tongue.
Age of students (children, teenagers, adults)
Number of periods a week devoted to the teaching of English.
- Background, frame of reference, sources.
- Types of materials used.
Materials and media reviews
This section includes reviews of teaching materials, teacher resources (including technology),based on a theoretical framework and used in the classroom at universities, teacher training colleges and other institutions interested in the development of EFL courses or studies.
Reviews should not be longer than 1,600 words. The following information should be included at the beginning of the Review:
- Publication date
- Publisher City and Country