ARTESOLESP E-journal receives submissions of unpublished manuscripts on any topic related to the area of ESP. Each manuscript must include the names, affiliation, and e-mail addresses of all authors, an abstract of no more than 300 words, and a list of five to seven keywords. A brief biographical statement (maximum 100 words, in sentence format) for each author is also required, (this information will be removed when the articles are distributed for blind review). Articles should be submitted in Microsoft Word or RTF document format. Full-length articles should be no more than 6.000 words in length, excluding appendixes.
ARTESOLESP Journal follows the guidelines of the sixth edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association published by the American Psychological Association (APA).
Manuscripts submitted to ESP Journal must conform to APA format.
Four categories of manuscripts will be received: contributions, research articles, pedagogical experiences in ESP, and reviews.
In this section, articles by prestigious ESP specialists will be published.
This is a section devoted to the publication of research articles which will be refereed by our Academic Editorial Board.
- Articles should report original research.
- Full-length articles should be no more than 6,500 words in length, excluding appendixes.
- Each submission should include an abstract of no more than 300 words, and a list of five to seven keywords. All article manuscripts submitted to ARTESOLESP Journal will go through a two-step review process.
- Biodata of the author (s) should be included. (No more than 70 words)
Research articles should generally include the following sections:
2- Five to seven keywords.
3- The introduction should include:
- The research issue
- The underlying theoretical framework.
- A description of the methodological tradition in which the study was conducted.
- Research hypotheses or questions.
4- Method section:
- Description of participants and research context.
- A detailed description of data collection and analysis procedures.
- Description of the apparatus or materials used.
- Explanation of the procedures and the steps in the research
5- Results section:
- Presentation of graphs and tables that help to explain the results.
- For quantitative research, presentation of descriptive and inferential statistics used to analyze the data.
- For qualitative research, data should reflect prolonged engagement, observation, and triangulation.
6- Discussion section:
- An evaluation and interpretation of the results.
- Discussion of alternative explanations.
- Causal inferences should be cautiously made.
- Results of the study should not be overly interpreted or generalized.
- Linking the results obtained in the study to original hypotheses.
- Presentation of the implications and any limitations of the study.
- Summary and general implications of the study.
- Suggestions for further research
8– References in APA format.
9– Appendixes of instrument(s) used.
Pedagogical experiences in ESP
This section includes the description of organization and development of new courses using ESP.
Manuscripts should report original pedagogical experiences: teaching techniques and methodologies, management of different teaching situations, testing and assessment, materials development.
This section includes reviews of books and journals published by Universities, Teacher Training Colleges and other institutions interested in the development of ESP courses or studies.
Reviews of individual books, journals or reading instructional software should not be longer than 1,600 words. The following information should be included at the beginning of the review:
- Publication date
- Publisher City and Country
- Number of pages
- A biodata of the author (s) should be included. (No more than 70 words)
All manuscripts submitted to ARTESOLESP Journal will go through a two-step review process.
The editors of the journal will first review each manuscript to see if it meets the basic requirements for articles published in the journal.
Submissions that meet the requirements stated above will be sent out for peer review from two to three experts in the field. This second review process takes 2–3 months. When this process is finished, the authors will receive copies of the external reviewers’ comments and will be notified as to the decision (acceptance, acceptance with changes, or rejection).
GENERAL PUBLICATION POLICIES
The following policies apply to all articles, reviews, and commentaries:
1. All submissions must conform to the requirements of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th edition). Authors are responsible for the accuracy of references and citations, which must be in APA format.
2. Manuscripts that have already been published elsewhere or are being considered for publication elsewhere will not be considered for publication in ARTESOLESP Journal. It is the responsibility of the author to inform the editor of the existence of any similar work that is already published or under consideration for publication elsewhere.
3. Authors of accepted manuscripts will assign to ARTESOLESP Journal the permanent right to electronically distribute the article.
4. The editors of ARTESOLESP Journal reserve the right to make editorial changes in any manuscript accepted for publication for the sake of style or clarity. Authors will be consulted only if the changes are substantial.
5. Articles are copyrighted by their respective authors, but if published after electronic appearance,
ARTESOLESP Journal will be acknowledged as the initial locus of publication.
The Editorial Board of ARTESOL ESP Journal informs readers that the views, thoughts, findings, conclusions and recommendations expressed in the articles published in the Journal are the personal statements of their respective authors who are responsible for all contents, including the accuracy of the facts, claims, and references. The Editorial Board will not take any responsibility for any omissions and possible violations of third party rights with respect to the material contained herein.
By electronic mail, send the material to: firstname.lastname@example.org